Oasis Trade Exchange Review
- Intermediate Traders
- Advanced Traders
- Privacy Focused Traders
- DAI Holders
- Retail Lenders
OasisDEX (Oasis Trade) originally launched in Q1 2017 as the first fully on-chain decentralized exchange (DEX) built on the Ethereum blockchain. The exchange underwent a rebrand to Oasis Trade following an operational shutdown by developers in January 2019 and is now a multifunctional platform enabling users to trade, borrow, and earn interest on DAI.
Oasis Trade Exchange - 2020 Comprehensive Review
Oasis Trade Exchange Overview
|Trading Fees||Maker: 0% / Taker: 0%|
|Purchase Options||Crypto Deposits|
|Trading Options||Spot Trading|
|Order Types||Limit, Market|
|Token Benefits||NO TOKEN|
|KYC Rules||No KYC Requirements|
|Convert Micro Balance|
|Promotions||Earn 4% Interest on DAI deposits.|
Oasis Trade Trading Fees (Maker & Taker)
Tier Monthly Volume Requirement
Tier 1 All Volumes 0% +
|Tier||Monthly Volume Requirement||Maker||Taker||Maker
|Tier 1||All Volumes||0% +|
Oasis Trade has no trade fees. All trades are free for takers and makers. The only fees in the exchange are the standard network gas fees of any decentralized exchange when moving your funds to and from the trading contracts.
Oasis Trade Withdrawal Fees
Users participating in token swaps do not have to deposit or withdraw funds directly on Oasis Trade. All trades are executed on the Ethereum blockchain by smart contracts. The only ‘withdrawal fee’ is the gas required to transfer the funds from the Oasis Trade smart contract.
Oasis Trade Markets & Volume
Oasis Trade Top Markets
|Crypto Assets||Price||Pairs||24h Volume|
Oasis Trade Supported Stablecoins
|Stablecoin Assets||Price||Pairs||24h Volume|
Oasis Trade Exchange Alternatives
|Trading Fees||Maker : 0%|
Taker : 0%
|Maker : 0%|
Taker : 0%
|Maker : 0.1%|
Taker : 0.2%
|Purchase Options||Crypto Deposits||Crypto Deposits, Credit Cards||Crypto Deposits|
|Trading Options||Spot Trading||Spot Trading||Spot Trading|
Pros and Cons
- Low Trading Fees - Oasis Trade does not charge platform based trading fees. Traders only pay a small gas fee when exchanging crypto assets.
- Limit Orders - The exchange offers non-custodial limit orders, a trading option which is not commonly found on decentralized exchanges.
- Transparency - All trades and order book data can be verified via the Oasis Trade smart contract address on block explorers such as Etherscan.
- Lending - Users can earn interest on their DAI balances via the Oasis Save system directly on the exchange.
- Loans - Users can obtain DAI loans via the Oasis Borrow system directly on the exchange.
- Privacy - Users do not need to sign up for an account or complete a KYC process in order to trade.
- DAI Liquidity - Oasis Trade has the largest on-chain liquidity pool for the ETH/DAI market.
- Trading Costs Dependent On Gas Fees - Increases in the amount of traffic on the Ethereum blockchain can lead to higher trading costs on Oasis Trade.
- Native Ethereum Assets Only - Oasis Trade does not currently support any non-ERC20 crypto assets.
- Limited Markets - Oasis Trade has far fewer listed trading pairs compared to most decentralized exchanges.
- Liquidity - Oasis Trade has several markets with very limited liquidity.
- Trading Requires Wrapped Ethereum (WETH) - Users cannot directly trade Ethereum (ETH) via market orders on Oasis Trade
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Oasis Trade safe?
Oasis Trade utilizes publicly verifiable, open-source code that can be found on the OasisDEX GitHub page and is generally considered to be a safe decentralized exchange for trading crypto assets. Trades are highly secure since they do not require funds to be held on the exchange.
Is Oasis Trade actually decentralized?
Yes. Oasis Trade is considered to be one of the most decentralized exchanges available. All crypto asset trades are on-chain and non-custodial.
Can I swap SAI for DAI on Oasis Trade?
Is OasisDEX a protocol or an exchange?
OasisDEX is the underlying protocol built by MakerDAO. Oasis Trade is the name of the frontend crypto asset exchange service. More details can be found in this official blog post.
Does Oasis Trade have a mobile app?
No. Oasis Trade does not currently have a mobile app.
The decision by the MakerDAO development team to restructure OasisDEX into a more complete decentralized finance platform marked an important milestone for the project.
Overall, Blockfer recommends Oasis Trade for privacy focused users looking to transact with DAI in the form of loans, lending, and trading. Altcoin traders will likely find better exchange options. Trading volume for non-DAI pairs is far below the industry average and users will need to wrap and unwrap ETH for market order trades.
|Learn More||Best Features|
Oasis Trade Official Website
Legal & Regulation - Facts & Figures
More Exchange Reviews
Methodology: How We Review And Compare
Our mission is to provide the most informative, unbiased, and useful reviews and comparisons possible for products and services in the blockchain finance industry. Assessments are powered by experts with years of relevant experience.
The decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges found in this category have been tested extensively by our team as part of the review process. Factors we analyze in our decentralized exchange reviews and comparisons include: liquidity, user experience, trading fees, trading options, listed assets, reputation, and wallet integrations.
The Blockfer Promise: We do everything in our power to keep content up to date and in the best interests of our audience. Blockfer does not shy away from poor ratings. Products or services that do not meet our reputability standards will be rated as 'Not Trusted'. Compensation from partners does not, and will never, effect our review process.