KyberSwap Exchange Review
- Intermediate Traders
- Advanced Traders
- Altcoin Focused Traders
- DApps and DEFI Platforms
KyberSwap is a decentralized cryptocurrency exchange (DEX) that launched on the Ethereum mainnet in 2018. Users can trade Ethereum (ETH) and 70+ listed ERC20 tokens on KyberSwap. The exchange utilizes Kyber Network’s on-chain liquidity protocol to make token swaps seamless for all available tokens.
Kyberswap Exchange - 2020 Comprehensive Review
Kyberswap Exchange Overview
|Trading Fees||Maker: 0% / Taker: 0%|
|Purchase Options||Crypto Deposits, Credit Cards|
|Trading Options||Spot Trading|
|Order Types||Limit, Market|
|Exchange Token||Kyber Network|
|Token Benefits||The token is used for liquidity providers to pay listing fees. Traders also benefit from 100% Trading fee discount if you hold 2,000 KNC Tokens.|
|KYC Rules||Without KYC, each wallet address has a daily trading limit of $50,000 USD.|
|Convert Micro Balance|
|Customer Service||Support Ticket System|
|Promotions||Frequent Trading Competitions.|
Kyberswap Mobile App Features
Live Chat Support
Kyberswap Trading Fees (Maker & Taker)
|Tier||Monthly Volume Requirement||Maker||Taker||Maker|
|Token Swaps||$1.00 + KNC Balance = 0.00||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%|
|Limit Orders||$1.00 + KNC Balance = 2,000.00||0.10%||0.10%||0.00%||0.00%|
Kyberswap Withdrawal Fees
KyberSwap has no withdrawal fees or minimum withdrawal amount requirements. Users must ensure that they have enough Ethereum (ETH) to pay for withdrawals, which are subject to gas fees.
Kyberswap Markets & Volume
Kyberswap Top Markets
|Crypto Assets||Price||Pairs||24h Volume|
Kyberswap Supported Stablecoins
|Stablecoin Assets||Price||Pairs||24h Volume|
Kyberswap Exchange Alternatives
|Trading Fees||Maker : 0%|
Taker : 0%
|Maker : 0.1%|
Taker : 0.1%
|Maker : 0.1%|
Taker : 0.2%
|Purchase Options||Crypto Deposits, Credit Cards||Crypto Deposits||Crypto Deposits|
|Trading Options||Spot Trading||Spot Trading||Spot Trading|
Pros and Cons
- Fiat Deposit Options - KyberSwap has partnered with Coindirect to give users an option to buy ETH with fiat. Although fees are quite high at 3.5%, KyberSwap is currently the only decentralized exchange that supports fiat deposits.
- Liquidity - KyberSwap utilizes Kyber Network’s on-chain liquidity protocol that aggregates liquidity from a wide range of reserves. Traders don’t have to worry about the availability of market makers and takers for listed tokens - a very common problem on other DEXs.
- Wrapped BTC (WBTC) - Kyber is a founding merchant, liquidity provider, and a DAO member of WBTC. This ERC20 token is used to represent the value of Bitcoin on the Ethereum blockchain. WBTC is listed on KyberSwap as well as other centralized and decentralized exchanges.
- Popular Wallet Integrations: - Kyber has integrations with a number of popular crypto wallet providers including MyEtherWallet, imToken, Coinbase, and Enjin. Wallet owners can trade tokens using Kyber without having to leave these applications.
- Limit Orders - Unlike other DEXs, Kyber provides a solution for non-custodial limit orders. This means traders can place limit orders without having to lock funds on the exchange. No deposits or withdrawals are required and funds remain in wallets until trades are executed. Fees for limit orders are as low as 0.1%, and KNC holders can make gas-free trades.
- Mobile App - Available on iOS and Android, the mobile app version of KyberSwap is rich in features. Users can swap ERC20 tokens, create limit orders, transfer tokens, set price alerts, and create a watchlist for their favorite tokens.
- Supported Tokens - 70+ ERC20 tokens are available for trading. Popular tokens available in addition to Kyber's native KNC token include: BAT, DAI, MKR, LINK, ZRX, and USDT.
- Ethereum Blockchain Assets Only - Kyber does not currently support crypto assets that aren’t built on the Ethereum blockchain. This is currently the standard among decentralized exchanges.
- Trading Costs Dependent On Gas Fees - Fees for market orders can vary and depend heavily on the amount of congestion on the Ethereum network. Gas fees for market orders increase as more users send transactions on Ethereum simultaneously. Until Ethereum’s scalability issues are solved, gas fee inconsistency is likely to remain an issue for KyberSwap.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is KyberSwap safe?
KyberSwap is generally considered to be one of the safest exchanges for trading crypto assets. Since funds are never held on the actual exchange, users shouldn’t be concerned about a security breach on KyberSwap.
Does KyberSwap have a mobile app?
Yes. KyberSwap has a mobile app available on iOS and Android.
How are KyberSwap fees calculated?
KyberSwap limit order fees are a flat rate of 0.1% with no gas fees. Users who hold 2,000 KNC or more in their wallets can trade commission-free. Market orders rely upon gas fees, which fluctuate according to the amount of congestion on the Ethereum network.
What is the Kyber Network Crystal (KNC)?
The Kyber Network Crystal (KNC) is Kyber Network’s native ERC20 token used by traders, on-chain liquidity providers, integrated dapp platforms, and ERC20 compatible crypto wallet vendors to reduce trading fees on KyberSwap.
Does KyberSwap offer margin trading?
KyberSwap does not currently offer margin trading. Users looking for decentralized margin trading can see Blockfer's Nuo Network review.
As of November 2019, over 490,000 transactions have been made on KyberSwap. This accounts for roughly 4% of the total transactions on Ethereum-based DEXs. Only IDEX, Ether Delta, and DDEX have more total transactions.
What sets KyberSwap apart from other decentralized exchanges is their focus on building a simple, yet powerful user experience that reduces the friction of decentralized trading. Integrations with many of the market’s top wallets demonstrate how Kyber is making it easier, faster, and cheaper to complete decentralized crypto-to-crypto trades.
Blockfer recommends KyberSwap for users seeking a private and seamless decentralized trading experience.
|Learn More||Best Features|
KyberSwap Official Website
Legal & Regulation - Facts & Figures
More Exchange Reviews
Methodology: How We Review And Compare
Our mission is to provide the most informative, unbiased, and useful reviews and comparisons possible for products and services in the blockchain finance industry. Assessments are powered by experts with years of relevant experience.
The decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges found in this category have been tested extensively by our team as part of the review process. Factors we analyze in our decentralized exchange reviews and comparisons include: liquidity, user experience, trading fees, trading options, listed assets, reputation, and wallet integrations.
The Blockfer Promise: We do everything in our power to keep content up to date and in the best interests of our audience. Blockfer does not shy away from poor ratings. Products or services that do not meet our reputability standards will be rated as 'Not Trusted'. Compensation from partners does not, and will never, effect our review process.