Kucoin Exchange Review
- IEO Participations
- Altcoin Focused Traders
- Advanced Traders
KuCoin is a Singapore based centralized cryptocurrency exchange with a global target market. KuCoin competes above the industry standard on trading fees, customer support, and available altcoin pairs.
KuCoin Exchange - 2020 Comprehensive Review
KuCoin Exchange Overview
|Trading Fees||Maker: 0.1% / Taker: 0.1%|
|Purchase Options||Crypto Deposits, Credit Cards|
|Trading Options||Spot Trading|
|Order Types||Limit, Market, Limit-Stop|
|Exchange Token||KuCoin Shares|
|Token Benefits||Trading Fee Discounts, Revenue Share, IEO Access|
|KYC Rules||Required For Withdrawals Greater Than 2 BTC Value Per 24 Hours|
|Convert Micro Balance|
|Customer Service||24/7 Live Chat, Support Ticket System, Email|
|Promotions||Lend & Earn Interest on BTC, USDT, ETH, EOS. Stake over a Dozen Tokens: XTZ, ATOMS, PIVX, EOS, XTZ, WAN.|
KuCoin Mobile App Features
Live Chat Support
KuCoin Trading Fees (Maker & Taker)
|Tier||Monthly Volume Requirement||Maker||Taker||Maker|
|General||$1.00 + KCS Balance = 1.00||0.10%||0.10%||0.00%||0.00%|
|Level 1||$1.00 + KCS Balance = 101.00||0.08%||0.10%||0.00%||0.00%|
|Level 2||$1.00 + KCS Balance = 1,001.00||0.08%||0.10%||0.00%||0.00%|
KuCoin Withdrawal Fees
|Asset||Withdrawal Fees||Minimum Withdrawal|
KuCoin does not charge deposit fees.
KuCoin Markets & Volume
KuCoin Top Markets
|Crypto Assets||Price||Pairs||24h Volume|
KuCoin Supported Stablecoins
|Stablecoin Assets||Price||Pairs||24h Volume|
KuCoin Shares (KCS) Token
KuCoin Shares (KCS) Exchanges
Recommended KuCoin Shares (KCS) Wallets
|Ledger Nano M||7/10||Mobile Application||$96.00|
KuCoin Exchange Alternatives
|Trading Fees||Maker : 0.1%|
Taker : 0.1%
|Maker : 0.1%|
Taker : 0.1%
|Maker : 0.16%|
Taker : 0.26%
|Purchase Options||Crypto Deposits, Credit Cards||Crypto Deposits, Credit Cards||Bank Transfer, Crypto Deposits|
|Trading Options||Spot Trading||Spot Trading, Margin Trading, Margin Funding, Futures Trading||Spot Trading, Margin Trading, Futures Trading, Forex Trading|
|Headquarters||Hong Kong||Malta||San Francisco, California, United States|
Pros and Cons
- Trading Fees - KuCoin has very reasonable retail account trading fees. Accounts currently holding over 100 KCS (KuCoin Shares Exchange Token) receive discounts on maker trading fees.
- Altcoin Liquidity - KuCoin has hundreds of listed altcoins with reasonable volumes.
- Exchange Token - KuCoin Shares (KCS) have above average utility compared to standard exchange tokens. Holders benefit from trading fee discounts, exchange buybacks, and exchange revenue shares.
- Margin & Futures Trading - KuCoin has recently launched KuMex, a derivatives platform allowing users to trade crypto assets on margin.
- Mobile App - KuCoin has mobile applications available for both Android and IOS. App features include nearly everything available on the web exchange. Live support is readily available to assist customers with any issues.
- Customer Support - 24/7 live chat available for both web and mobile app users makes support inquiries a much easier experience.
- Regulatory Scrutiny - KuCoin has longed served American customers without any proper regulation or licensing. While this may not call for a doomsday scenario, Blockfer recommends that any users trading on KuCoin take this into consideration.
- IEO (Initial Exchange Offering) Platform - Users have not had positive IEO investment experiences on KuCoin’s spotlight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does KuCoin have a mobile app?
Yes. KuCoin has mobile applications available in the Google Play and Apple App Store.
Does KuCoin accept fiat deposits?
KuCoin currently accepts fiat deposits via credit card and has announced plans for a dedicated OTC desk.
Does KuCoin allow US customers?
KuCoin does not allow US customers as per their current terms and conditions.
Does KuCoin offer margin trading?
KuCoin has recently introduced KuMex, where users will be able to margin trade.
KuCoin began operations in 2017 after a successful ICO in which the company raised close to $27.5M USD. The Hong Kong based exchange has continued to offer services in dozens of jurisdictions despite its current unregulated status.
Easily accessible customer support, very reasonable trading fees, and altcoin liquidity have all been competitive advantages for KuCoin. Recently, KuCoin announced the launch of its derivative trading platform product KuMex where users will be able to trade Bitcoin futures with up to 100x leverage.
From a product and user experience standpoint, KuCoin is an above average cryptocurrency exchange for retail traders and small scale institutions.
Note: Users looking to deposit and trade crypto assets on KuCoin should be fully aware of the exchanges regulatory status.
|Learn More||Best Features|
Kucoin Official Website
Legal & Regulation - Facts & Figures
More Exchange Reviews
Methodology: How We Review And Compare
Our mission is to provide the most informative, unbiased, and useful reviews and comparisons possible for products and services in the blockchain finance industry. Assessments are powered by experts with years of relevant experience.
The cryptocurrency exchanges found in this category have been tested extensively by our team as part of the review process. Factors we analyze in our exchange reviews and comparisons include: liquidity, purchase options, user experience, trading fees, trading options, listed assets, reputation, mobile experience, and customer support.
The Blockfer Promise: We do everything in our power to keep content up to date and in the best interests of our audience. Blockfer does not shy away from poor ratings. Products or services that do not meet our reputability standards will be rated as 'Not Trusted'. Compensation from partners does not, and will never, effect our review process.