Gate.io Exchange Review
- IEO Participants
- Chinese Traders
- Margin Funding
- Advanced Traders
Gate.io began operations in 2013 and is an Eastern market focused centralized cryptocurrency exchange. Fiat deposits are not supported and KYC is required for all accounts. Gate.io offers a variety of trading options including: futures contracts, margin trading, and CNYX base pairs.
Gate.io Exchange - 2020 Comprehensive Review
Gate.io Exchange Overview
|Trading Fees||Maker: 0.2% / Taker: 0.2%|
|Purchase Options||Crypto Deposits|
|Trading Options||Spot Trading, Margin Trading, Margin Funding, Futures Trading|
|Order Types||Market, Limit-Stop, Immediate-Or-Cancel, Iceberg Order|
|KYC Rules||Required For All Accounts|
|Convert Micro Balance|
|Customer Service||Live Chat, Email, Support Ticket System|
|Promotions||HODL & Earn - Earnings for your cryptocurrency investment, offering various financial products.|
Gate.io Mobile App Features
Live Chat Support
Gate.io Trading Fees (Maker & Taker)
|Tier||Monthly Volume Requirement||Maker||Taker||Maker|
*Trading fees subtracted from user BNB balances receive a 25% discount
*All new users begin at the VIP 0 general trading tier, and should expect 0.1% Maker & 0.1% Taker fees.
Gate.io Withdrawal Fees
|Asset||Withdrawal Fees||Minimum Withdrawal|
Gate.io does not charge deposit fees.
Gate.io Markets & Volume
Gate.io Top Markets
|Crypto Assets||Price||Pairs||24h Volume|
Gate.io Supported Stablecoins
|Stablecoin Assets||Price||Pairs||24h Volume|
Gatechain Token (GT)
Gate.io, Huobi Global, Bitmax
Gatechain Token (GT) Exchanges
Recommended Gatechain Token (GT) Wallets
|Ledger Nano M||7/10||Mobile Application||$96.00|
Gate.io Exchange Alternatives
|Trading Fees||Maker : 0.2%|
Taker : 0.2%
|Maker : 0.1%|
Taker : 0.1%
|Maker : 0.1%|
Taker : 0.1%
|Purchase Options||Crypto Deposits||Crypto Deposits, Credit Cards||Crypto Deposits, Credit Cards|
|Trading Options||Spot Trading, Margin Trading, Margin Funding, Futures Trading||Spot Trading||Spot Trading, Margin Trading, Margin Funding, Futures Trading|
Pros and Cons
- Futures Trading - Perpetual contracts with up to 100x leverage are available for 20+ crypto asset trading pairs including BTC/USD, ETH/USD, and EOS/USD.
- Margin Trading - Gate.io offers margin trading for 20+ crypto assets with leverage ranging from 3x to 10x.
- Margin Funding - Gate.io offers users the option to lend their crypto assets to margin traders through the exchange platform. Interest on these margin funding loans are paid daily.
- Mobile App - Gate.io has both Android and IOS mobile applications available.
- Customer Support - Gate.io offers 24/7 live chat support for exchange users registered accounts.
- Referral Program - Registered accounts can refer users and earn up to 30% of their trading fees for a duration of 12 months. Newly referred users also receive a 10% discount for 12 months on their trading fees.
- Trading Fees - General trading fees of 0.20% for maker and taker are considerably higher than the industry standard.
- Low Volume Margin Trading Pairs - Gate.io offers margin trading for several crypto assets with below average order book volume. Blockfer recommends avoiding trading these assets on margin due to extreme volatility risks.
- Privacy - KYC is required for all user accounts in order to trade on Gate.io.
- No Fiat Deposits & Withdrawals - Gate.io does not offer fiat deposits and withdrawals and therefore is not a good option for inexperienced users looking to purchase crypto assets or institutions looking to onboard a large fiat trading balance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Gate.io accept fiat deposits?
Gate.io does not currently support fiat deposits.
Does Gate.io have a mobile app?
Gate.io has a mobile app for both Android & IOS.
Does Gate.io offer margin trading?
Yes. Gate.io offers margin trading on 20+ crypto assets with up to 3x-10x leverage.
Does Gate.io require users to KYC?
Yes. Gate.io requires all users to KYC prior to using the exchange.
Does Gate.io accept US customers?
Gate.io does accepts US customers however these users are limited to certain trading features and crypto assets.
Gate.io is a centralized cryptocurrency exchange with a variety of trading options and a large eastern market user base. The company has been operating since 2013 with a strong focus on retail traders.
Gate.io has followed the lead of Binance, launching their own native blockchain (GateChain) and native exchange token (GateChain Token). The exchange frequently engages its user base with promotions and has recently launched ‘HODL & Earn’, a blockchain assets lending product.
Blockfer recommends Gate.io for intermediate to advanced retail traders based in the Eastern hemisphere. There are no fiat deposit options on Gate.io making the exchange a poor choice for both beginner and institutional level users.
|Learn More||Best Features|
Gate IO Official Website
Legal & Regulation - Facts & Figures
More Exchange Reviews
Methodology: How We Review And Compare
Our mission is to provide the most informative, unbiased, and useful reviews and comparisons possible for products and services in the blockchain finance industry. Assessments are powered by experts with years of relevant experience.
The cryptocurrency exchanges found in this category have been tested extensively by our team as part of the review process. Factors we analyze in our exchange reviews and comparisons include: liquidity, purchase options, user experience, trading fees, trading options, listed assets, reputation, mobile experience, and customer support.
The Blockfer Promise: We do everything in our power to keep content up to date and in the best interests of our audience. Blockfer does not shy away from poor ratings. Products or services that do not meet our reputability standards will be rated as 'Not Trusted'. Compensation from partners does not, and will never, effect our review process.