Coinbase Pro Exchange Review
- Advanced Traders
- Family Offices
Coinbase Pro is a centralized cryptocurrency exchange operating in conjunction with Coinbase. Active since 2015, Coinbase is known for its strategic focus on the western markets - particularly the US. Coinbase offers a variety of fiat deposit and withdrawal options.
Coinbase Pro Exchange - 2020 Comprehensive Review
Coinbase Pro Exchange Overview
|Trading Fees||Maker: 0.15% / Taker: 0.25%|
|Fiat Trading||US Dollars, Euro, Pound sterling|
|Purchase Options||Bank Transfer, Crypto Deposits, Credit Cards|
|Trading Options||Spot Trading, Margin Trading|
|Order Types||Limit, Market, Limit-Stop|
|Token Benefits||NO TOKEN|
|KYC Rules||Required For All Accounts|
|Convert Micro Balance|
|Customer Service||Email, Phone|
Coinbase Earn: Earn up to $126 in crypto while learning about different tokens.
USDC Interest Account: Earn 1.25% APY rewards on USDC deposits.
Staking: Earn 5% in staking rewards with your Tezos (XTZ) deposits.
Coinbase Pro Mobile App Features
Live Chat Support
Coinbase Pro Trading Fees (Maker & Taker)
|Tier||Monthly Volume Requirement||Maker||Taker||Maker|
High volume & professional trading tier fees available here.
Coinbase Pro Deposit & Withdrawal Fees
|Asset||Deposit Fee||Withdrawal Fee|
|Wire (USD)||$10 USD||$10 USD|
|SEPA (EUR)||€0.15 EUR||€0.15 EUR|
|Swift (GBP)||Free||£5 GBP|
Coinbase Pro Markets & Volume
Coinbase Pro Top Markets
|Crypto Assets||Price||Pairs||24h Volume|
Coinbase Pro Supported Stablecoins
|Stablecoin Assets||Price||Pairs||24h Volume|
Coinbase Pro Exchange Alternatives
|Trading Fees||Maker : 0.15%|
Taker : 0.25%
|Maker : 0.1%|
Taker : 0.1%
|Maker : 0.16%|
Taker : 0.26%
|Purchase Options||Bank Transfer, Crypto Deposits, Credit Cards||Crypto Deposits, Credit Cards||Bank Transfer, Crypto Deposits|
|Trading Options||Spot Trading, Margin Trading||Spot Trading, Margin Trading, Margin Funding, Futures Trading||Spot Trading, Margin Trading, Futures Trading, Forex Trading|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, United States||Malta||San Francisco, California, United States|
Pros and Cons
- Beginner Friendly - The Coinbase Pro user experience is well suited for beginners.
- Promotions - Coinbase Pro offers beginning users the opportunity to earn free cryptocurrency by participating in educational courses with Coinbase Earn. Additionally, users receive $10 in Bitcoin when a new user signs up via their referral link.
- Liquidity - Coinbase Pro has legitimate trading volume and liquidity for Bitcoin and most large market cap altcoins.
- Fiat Deposit Options - Coinbase & Coinbase Pro offer bank wire and bank transfer options for several international fiat currencies.
- Regulated - Coinbase Pro is regulated and licensed for money transmission in the majority of the US and in dozens of countries around the world.
- FDIC Insured - Coinbase Pro has FDIC insurance on its digital assets. Customers are insured up to $250,000 in the event of a loss at the fault of the company.
- Mobile Apps - Coinbase Pro has highly rated mobile applications for both Android and IOS. Users can purchase Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies via these mobile applications with fiat.
- Trading Options - Coinbase Pro does not offer margin trading or futures trading. While this is most likely a positive for less experienced users, advanced traders and institutions will usually prefer more flexibility.
- Fiat-To-Crypto Fees - Coinbase Pro charges a fixed fee of $2.99 for purchases under $200 and 1.49% for purchases over $200. These fees are relatively high compared to other competitors in the industry.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Coinbase Pro safe?
Yes. Coinbase Pro is regulated, insured, and extremely well funded by multiple prominent venture capital firms in the US.
Can I buy Bitcoin on Coinbase Pro?
Yes - with both fiat and other cryptocurrencies. Coinbase Pro accepts bank and wire transfers for fiat deposits which can then be used to purchase Bitcoin on the exchange.
Does Coinbase Pro have a mobile app?
Yes. Coinbase Pro offers highly rated, beginner friendly mobile applications for both Android and IOS.
Does Coinbase Pro offer margin trading?
Is Coinbase Pro better than Gemini?
By all measurable factors Blockfer believes that Coinbase Pro is a considerably better option than Gemini. Coinbase Pro offers superior liquidity, trading fees, deposit options, promotions, and user experience.
Coinbase Pro is the exchange arm of Coinbase, arguably the most legitimate crypto asset focused company in the world. They have achieved market share dominance in the North American regions through their regulatory compliance, marketing strategies, and focus on user experience.
Coinbase is continuously expanding its services into new countries. As of Q3 2019, users in over 100 countries are able to purchase crypto assets with fiat currencies. Both the Coinbase Earn and the friend referral programs have been considerably successful in attracting new users.
Although the fiat-to-crypto purchase and trading fees are relatively high, Coinbase Pro is still an excellent choice for global users entering the crypto asset investment space for the first time. The platform is easy to navigate and offers several fiat deposit options.
|Learn More||Best Features|
Coinbase Pro Official Website
Legal & Regulation - Facts & Figures
More Exchange Reviews
Methodology: How We Review And Compare
Our mission is to provide the most informative, unbiased, and useful reviews and comparisons possible for products and services in the blockchain finance industry. Assessments are powered by experts with years of relevant experience.
The cryptocurrency exchanges found in this category have been tested extensively by our team as part of the review process. Factors we analyze in our exchange reviews and comparisons include: liquidity, purchase options, user experience, trading fees, trading options, listed assets, reputation, mobile experience, and customer support.
The Blockfer Promise: We do everything in our power to keep content up to date and in the best interests of our audience. Blockfer does not shy away from poor ratings. Products or services that do not meet our reputability standards will be rated as 'Not Trusted'. Compensation from partners does not, and will never, effect our review process.