Bitcoin.com Exchange Review
- Blockfer does not recommend trading on Bitcoin.com.
Originally an education resource, news portal, and wallet provider for Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin.com has evolved into a multifunctional website with a centralized cryptocurrency exchange. Over 20 crypto assets are available to be traded across more than 70 trading pairs.
Bitcoin.com Exchange - 2020 Comprehensive Review
Bitcoin.com Exchange Overview
|Trading Fees||Maker: 0.1% / Taker: 0.09%|
|Purchase Options||Crypto Deposits|
|Trading Options||Spot Trading|
|Order Types||Limit, Market, Trigger Order|
|Token Benefits||NO TOKEN|
|KYC Rules||Required For Withdrawals Equivalent To Greater Than 34 BCH (1 BTC) Daily Or 170 BCH (5 BTC) Monthly|
|Convert Micro Balance|
|Customer Service||Support Ticket System|
Bitcoin.com General Trading Fees (Maker & Taker)
Tier Monthly Volume Requirement Maker Taker Maker
General Fees $1.00 0.10% 0.09% - -
|Tier||Monthly Volume Requirement||Maker||Taker||Maker|
*Fees for takers are 0.1% at the time of trading. The exchange pays a 0.01% rebate back to the taker for adding liquidity to the order book after a trade is executed.
Bitcoin.com Withdrawal Fees
Withdrawal fees on Bitcoin.com are dynamic and automatically adjust based on the status of the market - not based on the actual withdrawal amount.
- Individual accounts are limited to withdrawals of 1 BTC daily and 5 BTC monthly.
- Individual Pro accounts are limited to withdrawals of 100 BTC daily and have no monthly limits.
- Bitcoin.com does not have deposit limits or charge deposit fees.
Bitcoin.com Markets & Volume
Bitcoin.com Top Markets
|Crypto Assets||Price||Pairs||24h Volume|
Bitcoin.com Supported Stablecoins
|Stablecoin Assets||Price||Pairs||24h Volume|
Bitcoin.com Exchange Alternatives
|Trading Fees||Maker : 0.1%|
Taker : 0.09%
|Maker : 0.1%|
Taker : 0.2%
|Maker : 0.1%|
Taker : 0.1%
|Purchase Options||Crypto Deposits||Bank Transfer, Crypto Deposits||Crypto Deposits, Credit Cards|
|Trading Options||Spot Trading||Spot Trading, Margin Trading, Margin Funding||Spot Trading, Margin Trading, Margin Funding, Futures Trading|
|Headquarters||Saint Kitts and Nevis||Tortola, British Virgin Islands||Malta|
Pros and Cons
- Low Trading Fees - Bitcoin.com sets fees for makers at 0.1% and takers at 0.09% for all trades.
- No Fiat Options - Bitcoin.com users cannot deposit, withdraw, or trade fiat currencies on the platform.
- Withdrawal Fees - Withdrawal fees on Bitcoin.com vary based on market conditions. This has been a pain point for users on other centralized exchanges such as HitBTC.
- Liquidity - There are many low-cap altcoin markets on Bitcoin.com that average far below $5,000 USD in 24 hour daily trading volume.
- Location Restrictions - Bitcoin.com restricts US residents and users in 20+ additional countries.
- Questionable Listing Ethics - Bitcoin.com continues to list crypto assets with questionable reputability.
- No Margin Trading - Bitcoin.com does not currently offer margin trading. Users looking to margin trade can do so on Binance.
- Limited Crypto Assets - Less than 25 crypto assets are traded on Bitcoin.com.
- Limited Mobile App - Users cannot trade crypto assets directly within the Bitcoin.com mobile app. The ‘exchange’ button is merely a link to open the website in a mobile web browser.
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the Bitcoin.com exchange open?
The Bitcoin.com exchange launched in September 2019 and is currently open to new signups.
Is Bitcoin.com legit?
Bitcoin.com has a below average reputation when compared to its competitors. The exchange has recently lost credibility within the Bitcoin Cash community due to controversial crypto asset listings.
Does Bitcoin.com have a mobile app?
This is debatable as the wallet feature within the app is the only native functionality. All other navigation links direct users to the exchange’s mobile website.
Does Bitcoin.com have decent trade volume?
It is too early to tell if the exchange’s high-volume markets are sustainable due to the presence of short-term trading incentives (negative trading fees).
Can Americans trade on Bitcoin.com?
No. Bitcoin.com is currently restricted in the following countries: United States, Afghanistan, Belarus, Burundi, Cambodia, Central African Republic, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Lebanon, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, South Sudan, Syria, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Yemen, and Zimbabwe. Americans looking to trade crypto assets should consider Binance.US, Coinbase Pro, or Kraken.
The Bitcoin.com exchange has only been operational since September of 2019. Thus far in its infancy, the exchange has listed controversial crypto assets and has not shown any definitive advantages over its competition. Trading options are limited and there are no fiat deposits or withdrawals available.
Overall, Blockfer does not recommend trading on Bitcoin.com. There are far better, more proven options available to both retail and enterprise grade crypto asset traders and investors.
Legal & Regulation - Facts & Figures
More Exchange Reviews
Methodology: How We Review And Compare
Our mission is to provide the most informative, unbiased, and useful reviews and comparisons possible for products and services in the blockchain finance industry. Assessments are powered by experts with years of relevant experience.
The cryptocurrency exchanges found in this category have been tested extensively by our team as part of the review process. Factors we analyze in our exchange reviews and comparisons include: liquidity, purchase options, user experience, trading fees, trading options, listed assets, reputation, mobile experience, and customer support.
The Blockfer Promise: We do everything in our power to keep content up to date and in the best interests of our audience. Blockfer does not shy away from poor ratings. Products or services that do not meet our reputability standards will be rated as 'Not Trusted'. Compensation from partners does not, and will never, effect our review process.