Compound Loans Review
- DAI Holders
- Privacy Focused Lenders
Compound is a fully automated, decentralized money market protocol for Ethereum compatible assets. Users and applications can access this protocol from any location, at any time, and borrow against their assets. The Compound protocol is developed and maintained by Compound Labs.
Compound Crypto Loans - 2020 Comprehensive Review
|Borrow Assets||ETH, DAI, USDC, BAT, REP, ZRX, WBTC, USDT|
|Rate Variability||Medium Variable|
|Loan Amounts||$1 - $100,000|
|Receive Funds||Stablecoin : Instant, Crypto : Instant|
|Repayment Type||Interest Only|
|Available Loans||Stablecoins, Crypto|
|Accepted Collaterals||ETH, DAI, USDC, BAT, ZRX, REP|
|Collateral LTV||50% - 75%|
|Margin Call LTV||80%|
|Platform Fees||.02% Of all Interest Incurred|
|Token Benefits||NO TOKEN|
|Platform Type||Decentralized Lender|
|Supported Regions||All Countries|
|Excluded Regions||Sanctioned Countries|
|Borrow Asset||APR Rate|
|Collateral Asset||Collateral LTV|
Compound Crypto Loans Alternatives
Pros and Cons
- No Lock Up Terms - The Compound protocol permits users to lend and borrow assets for any length of time.
- Liquidity - The Compound protocol currently has over $150M USD value available in liquidity, accessible to users within minutes.
- Global Availability - There are no country or location restrictions when using the Compound Protocol. Users are free to lend and borrow assets from anywhere in the world.
- Developer Friendly - Compound provides excellent documentation for both their protocol and API. Several successful applications have already been built on the protocol with many more currently in development.
- Privacy - Compound does not require KYC checks or personal account registrations in order to access their protocol.
- Strong Backing - Compound is well financed by several top blockchain focused funds. Seed round investors include Coinbase Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Andreesen Horowitz, and Polychain capital.
- Balances Are Not Insured - The Compound protocol is not governed by traditional finance authorities, and therefore, does not maintain insurance for user balances.
- Smart Contract Risks - All smart contract code and balances are publicly verifiable and have multiple third party security audits. Even with these safety measures, users should be aware that this is still a new financial product in an emerging industry. There could be unforecasted risks in play - mainly negligence on the part of the Compound team or security flaws.
- Native Ethereum Assets Only - Users cannot currently lend or borrow assets not directly supported by the Ethereum protocol.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Compound Finance safe?
Compound Labs takes smart contract security very seriously and regularly audits the protocol. Crypto assets are held in a multi-signature cold storage wallet that is currently maintained by the company. As with any new innovative financial product there are risks involved, however Compound Finance has thus far had zero major security issues or breaches.
Is Compound Finance insured?
No. The Compound Finance protocol is governed and maintained by decentralized smart contracts and therefore cannot be insured the way that regulated and more traditional finance products are insured.
Which crypto assets can I borrow with Compound Finance?
Currently, users can only borrow Ethereum compatible ERC20 assets through the Compound Finance protocol.
Does Compound Finance require users to KYC?
No. Users can access and use the Compound Finance protocol without creating an account. Supported wallets include: Coinbase Wallet, Ledger, and Metamask.
Does Compound Finance accept US customers?
Compound Finance has no country or geographic restrictions. Anyone in the world can access and use the protocol to secure a crypto loan.
Compound continues to lead the way as one of the strongest companies in the decentralized finance ecosystem. An experienced team with strong backing has the company well positioned to continue to offer a growing, fully transparent, and decentralized money market protocol.
In the coming years Compound expects to increase the developer base building on the protocol in addition to adding several more assets to its liquidity pool.
Compound is a great option for global users looking to borrow Ethereum (ERC-20) compatible assets while maintaining privacy and control over asset loan durations.
|Learn More||Best Features|
Compound's Official Website
Legal & Regulation - Facts & Figures
More Lender Reviews
Methodology: How We Review And Compare
Our mission is to provide the most informative, unbiased, and useful reviews and comparisons possible for products and services in the blockchain finance industry. Assessments are powered by experts with years of relevant experience.
The crypto lending platforms found in this category have been tested extensively by our team as part of the review process. Factors we analyze in our crypto loan reviews and comparisons include: APY rates, available assets, loan amounts, loan options, LTV ratios, platform fees, reputation, ease of use, loan terms and fees, and customer support.
The Blockfer Promise: We do everything in our power to keep content up to date and in the best interests of our audience. Blockfer does not shy away from poor ratings. Products or services that do not meet our reputability standards will be rated as 'Not Trusted'. Compensation from partners does not, and will never, effect our review process.